Top 3 Questions about Lash Serums
Everyone loves to have plump, long lashes, and many people use mascara, lash extensions, or false lashes to achieve this look. However, you can add a new product to your arsenal that can enhance the look of your lashes. Lash serums breathe new life into your lashes and can be a wonderful asset, especially if you think your lashes need some help.
With consistent use, lash growth serums can help your lashes stay full, long, and lush, but if serums are new to you, you may have a lot of questions. So this post answers the top questions consumers have about lash serums so you can understand how serums work, whether they’re safe, and how best to use them.
How Do Lash Serums Work?
The growth cycle of eyelashes can be divided into three main phases, and understanding their growth cycle can help you understand why you need to use serums consistently. The three phases of growth include:
- Anagen phase: This is the active growth phase of the hair follicle. During this phase, new eyelashes are produced and the hair follicles are actively dividing and producing cells. This phase typically lasts between 30 and 45 days but can vary between individuals.
- Catagen phase: This is the transitional phase, during which the hair follicle stops producing new cells and the hair stops growing. This phase lasts for about two to three weeks.
- Telogen phase: This is the resting phase, during which the eyelash is fully grown but is not actively growing. The hair follicle remains dormant during this phase, which lasts for about three to four months. After the telogen phase, the eyelash falls out and the growth cycle starts again with the anagen phase.
It's important to note that not all eyelashes are in the same phase of the growth cycle at the same time. In fact, it's normal for eyelashes to be in different phases of the growth cycle at any given time, which is why we do not lose all our eyelashes at once.
The lash growth serum from Lash Rescue is designed to target and enhance the telogen phase of eyelash growth. By nourishing and conditioning the hair follicles during this phase, this lash serum can help you retain your lashes and improve the overall health of existing lashes. Because the serum can extend the length of the telogen phase, you can enjoy longer, thicker, and fuller lashes as the serum helps to prevent lash shedding and promote the growth of new lashes.
How Do You Use Lash Serum for Best Results?
Once you understand how your lashes grow and how your lash serum can help extend the life of your lashes, you might be ready to use this product to enhance your look. To use a lash serum, you typically apply it directly to your lash line using a small applicator brush, but it’s important to follow the instructions carefully and apply the serum consistently over a period of several weeks or months in order to see the best results.
To use your serum for the best results, follow these steps:
- Start with clean, dry lashes. Wash your face and remove any makeup or oil from your eyelids and lashes. This will help the lash serum to adhere to your lashes and work more effectively. If you wear lash extensions, be sure to use the proper cleanser so you don’t interfere with the adhesive. As long as your lashes are clean and dry, you can use the lash serum on your natural lashes or lash extensions.
- Apply the serum. Use the applicator brush that comes with the lash serum to apply a thin line of serum along the base of your upper lashes. Avoid getting the serum in your eyes or on your lower lashes.
- Use it consistently. Lash serums work best when used consistently, so it's essential to apply it every day. Most people see results after four to six weeks of consistent use.
For best results, but sure to remember these tips:
- Be patient. Lash growth takes time, and it may take several weeks to see noticeable results. Be patient and continue to use the serum as directed. While you may be used to an instant look by using lash extensions, serums are a long-term approach. So using both extensions and serums may give you the best of both worlds.
- Don't overdo it. Overuse of lash serums may cause irritation or other side effects. Follow the instructions for use and avoid applying too much serum.
- Be mindful of hygiene. Just like any product you use on or around your eyes, you need to be careful of maintaining good hygiene. Lash serums should only be used on clean lashes to avoid infection or other eye-related health issues.
- If you’re unsure, ask your doctor. If you aren’t sure whether you may have a reaction to the serum, seek advice from your doctor.
Are Lash Serums Safe to Use?
The lash growth serum from Lash Rescue is safe to use and is free of hormones and prostaglandins. One of the most commonly used active ingredients in some lash serums is prostaglandin, which can cause some side effects such as irritation, redness, or itching of the eyes. However, even though our lash serum is safe, you should always check with your doctor before using any new product on your eyes, especially if you have any pre-existing eye conditions or allergies.
If you want to add volume to your lashes, you have a lot of options. From mascara and extensions to lash serums, you can use several products in combination to have the best lashes possible, and if you’re unsure about adding this new product to your list of lash-boosting efforts, take a look at the lash growth serum created by Lash Rescue for a safe, effective way to add length and volume to your lashes.